Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weekly Update

Dearest Ladies,


What's Coming Up?

March 26-28 Retreat with West End Community Church at Natchez Trace State Park. Deadline for payment and registration is February 7th. Visit westendcc.org/springretreat to register and give me your check so I can mail it in by February 7th.


Bible Study News

We will begin Chapter 9 this Monday. Please join us.


Power Verse

When I saw this verse it made me think of the heartbreaking destruction in Haiti. Here on earth, as we all know, there is destruction, pain and death. But the verse in 2nd Corinthians should give us hope for the eternal things.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18

16
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. 17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 18 as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.


Do you have something to share?

For example: I have difficulty planning meals. By dinnertime I am trying to figure out what to make out of a jar of peanut butter, frozen broccoli and a box of instant rice. I am quite sure that the Iron Chef's could make something dreamy, but me, no. So a friend of mine showed me E-Mealz.com. It is a meal planning site. I've given it a try and so far it works great for me. So if you aren't an Iron Chef either, you may want to take a look at this, too.

All that to say,
I would be happy to post factoids, announcements, dates of consignment sales, and other items that would benefit the well-being of our women. Of course, I'd have to review the content and all that jazz, but I am sure you understand.

Have a wonderful week, gals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Lives!

Followers